One Medical is a primary care platform challenging the industry status quo by making quality care more affordable, accessible and enjoyable. But this isn’t your average doctor’s office. We’re on a mission to radically transform healthcare, which means tackling the frustrations of everyone involved — from patients and providers to employers and health networks.
Across the country, our members enjoy seamless access to comprehensive care at more than 90 locations across thirteen cities (and counting!) as well as 24/7 access to virtual care powered by intelligent uses of technology. In addition to a direct-to-consumer membership model, we work with more than 7,000 companies to provide One Medical health benefits to their employees.
As the Office Administrative Assistant you will be an ambassador for patients in office, with a mastery of human connection and a strong drive for service. You will remove barriers to care, resulting in a truly exceptional in-office patient experience. You are the steward of the space and ensure the look and feel of the office lobby are on brand with the One Medical experience. You will be the first point of contact for patient feedback, as well as provide any other support as requested by the Shift Lead, Office Manager, or in office providers.
You are a strong team player and use your innovative problem solving skills to tackle various tasks and challenges. You have a strong grasp of verbal and written communication. You are able to identify opportunities and deliver on customer-centric solutions while using empathy, focus, and compassion in all interactions with patients and teammates. You bring self-awareness to your daily work to utilize your strengths and develop your areas of opportunity. You thrive in cultures that focus on feedback and growth and are nimble in their approach to respond to the needs of the patients and team. You have an unwavering drive to help and serve others and create amazing moments for our members and teammates. If this sounds like you, we would love to connect.
What you'll likely work on:
- Use impeccable C-I-CARE (a framework containing the key elements of a great interaction and effective communication that we use with patients and each other) in all patient interactions and ensure a fluid and positive in-office experience through patient intake, same day schedule management, appropriate follow up scheduling, strong knowledge of billing and insurance, monitoring patient feedback and assisting with outreach as necessary
- All front of house duties including check in/check out, insurance verification, printing/paperwork tasks, prepping tests, etc
- Contribute to team development through rounding, attending team huddles, participating in team problem solving, supporting in office providers with ad hoc asks, etc.
- Master our technology suite including but not limited to Slack, G-suite, Zoom, and our Electronic Medical Record System 1Life, in order to interact with team members and patients and complete daily work
- Perform opening and closing duties/daily office upkeep as required, including maintaining the look and feel of both patient and employee facing spaces, restocking supplies, and organization
What you’ll need:
- At least 1 year of experience in high touch customer or patient facing roles
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working on collaborative, diverse and feedback-driven multi-disciplinary teams
- A proven track record of persisting through change, demonstrating a forward thinking perspective when under pressure, and consistently stepping up to take action on challenges
- Proficiency in computer technology such as typing, navigating the internet and using multiple software systems simultaneously
Benefits designed to aid your health and wellness:
Taking care of you today
- Paid sabbatical after 5 and 10 years
- Employee Assistance Program - Free confidential advice for team members who need help with stress, anxiety, financial planning, and legal issues
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Free One Medical memberships for yourself, your friends and family
- Pre-Tax commuter benefits
- PTO cash outs - Option to cash out up to 40 accrued hours per year
- Competitive salary: starts at $20/hour
Protecting your future for you and your family
- 401K match
- Opportunity to participate in company equity programs
- Credit towards emergency childcare
- Extra contributions toward maternity and paternity leave
- Paid Life Insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Basic Life Insurance
- Disability insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
This is a full-time position located in Washington, DC.
One Medical is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage qualified applicants of every background, ability, and life experience to contact us about appropriate employment opportunities.
Proof of COVID 19 vaccination is required for employees and contractors who interact with patients, access a shared office space or engage with other team members, except where a medical or religious accommodation applies.