One Medical is a primary care platform challenging the industry status quo by making quality care more affordable, accessible and enjoyable. But this isn’t your average doctor’s office. We’re on a mission to radically transform healthcare, which means tackling the frustrations of everyone involved — from patients and providers to employers and health networks.
Across the country, our members enjoy seamless access to comprehensive care at more than 90 locations across thirteen cities (and counting!) as well as 24/7 access to virtual care powered by intelligent uses of technology. In addition to a direct-to-consumer membership model, we work with more than 7,000 companies to provide One Medical health benefits to their employees.
As we increase our capacity to transform healthcare for all, the essential teams that support that work are growing as well. We are seeking a Corporate Controller to manage and support our team’s continued growth and best-in-class processes that drive long-term partnerships with the business, accounting, treasury, payroll, tax functions and people management. You will have primary responsibility over all aspects of the financial close process, preparation of One Medical's financial statements and financial reporting.
As a key member of the accounting leadership team, you will work to streamline and constantly improve One Medical's reporting and accounting processes with a clear sense of ownership, taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and outcomes. As a leader and mentor, your guidance will play a key role in technical accounting decisions while looking ahead proactively foreseeing opportunities and challenges to find solutions. With a passion for collaboration, you will work across the organization developing and maintaining positive relationships across business functions with the goal of being a valued business advisor.
What you'll work on:
- Manage One Medical's external reporting process, including the preparation of supporting schedules and related analysis, to ensure the accurate compilation and reporting of financial data in accordance with US GAAP
- Maintain and continually improve processes, procedures and policies to support public filings, such as Forms 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K and proxy filings
- Proactively manage direct and indirect tax matters
- Continually improve business processes
- Independently research and analyze accounting issues and disclosure requirements in accordance with US GAAP and SEC reporting requirements
- Be actively engaged in advising management on acquisitions from financial and tax due diligence through integration
- Partner with FP&A and Investor Relations to ensure a seamless reporting process
- Motivate and develop a high performing team
You’ll be set up for success if you:
- You will have 12+ year’s experience in accounting and tax, including building scalable processes
- You will have a CPA (preferably active)
- Hands-on experience as an Assistant Controller or higher at a U.S Public Company combined with experience at a large audit Firm (Big 4 preferred)
- Innovative thinker that enjoys working in a faced paced environment
- Make sound decisions, even in the absence of complete information. Rely on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment when making decisions.
- Using compelling arguments to gain the support and commitment of others, including both internal stakeholders and external partners
Benefits designed to aid your health and wellness:
Taking care of you today
- Paid sabbatical after 5 and 10 years
- Employee Assistance Program - Free confidential advice for team members who need help with stress, anxiety, financial planning, and legal issues
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Free One Medical memberships for yourself, your friends and family
- Pre-Tax commuter benefits
- PTO cash outs - Option to cash out up to 40 accrued hours per year
Protecting your future for you and your family
- 401K match
- Opportunity to participate in company equity programs
- Credit towards emergency childcare
- Company paid maternity and paternity leave
- Paid Life Insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Basic Life Insurance
- Disability insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
This is a full-time role based that can be remote.
One Medical is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage qualified applicants of every background, ability, and life experience to contact us about appropriate employment opportunities.
Proof of COVID 19 vaccination is required for employees and contractors who interact with patients, access a shared office space or engage with other team members, except where a medical or religious accommodation applies.