One Medical is a primary care platform challenging the industry status quo by making quality care more affordable, accessible and enjoyable. But this isn’t your average doctor’s office. We’re on a mission to radically transform healthcare, which means tackling the frustrations of everyone involved — from patients and providers to employers and health networks.
Across the country, our members enjoy seamless access to comprehensive care at more than 90 locations across thirteen cities (and counting!) as well as 24/7 access to virtual care powered by intelligent uses of technology. In addition to a direct-to-consumer membership model, we work with more than 7,000 companies to provide One Medical health benefits to their employees.
At One Medical we build software that our members and providers use to deliver better care outcomes. This enables us to build amazing end-to-end solutions to connect patients and our care team in new and innovative ways. For example, our software engineers are responsible for building and designing the proprietary Electronic Health Record System that our healthcare providers use. They’re also responsible for building and designing the member facing web and mobile applications. By following agile principles of development we are able to build amazing and innovative end-end solutions while remaining nimble and action oriented in a highly regulated industry.
You’ll be an owner of everything you do and you take pride in building and delivering elegant code. As a naturally collaborative thinker, you enjoy working closely with all of your coworkers -- technical, clinical, and operational -- and discussing technical designs and trade-offs with your teammates. A thoughtful achiever, you strive to craft the complete product, thinking through everything you build, from architecture and design to code and testing. You value scalability, maintainability, and security.
Most of all, you want to apply your considerable skills and experience to a cause that you care about while working with a talented and fun team.
What you’ll work on:
You will engage in all phases of the software development lifecycle which include: gathering and analyzing user/business system requirements, implementing features, contributing to documentation and testing, and responding to bugs or outages. Features to help providers more easily find and record data in a structured way. Working within your team to support projects that use clinical chart data to track and predict patient outcomes and suggest interventions. For instance, working with another team to send custom reminders to patients for their next health screening based on their history.
What you’ll need:
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in object-oriented design and implementation skills
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate with partners across the team
- Understanding of relational databases such as MySQL or Postgres
Not required, but would be great if you also had:
- Experience with relevant frontend frameworks such as React or Angular
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Ruby on Rails experience
- Experience with relevant backend technologies such as Ruby, Python, or Go
- Experience developing software in a service-oriented environment
- Demonstrated design and UX sensibilities
- Experience with server and/or client-side performance tuning
Benefits designed to aid your health and wellness:
Taking care of you today
- Paid sabbatical after 5 and 10 years
- Employee Assistance Program - Free confidential advice for team members who need help with stress, anxiety, financial planning, and legal issues
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Free One Medical memberships for yourself, your friends and family
- Pre-Tax commuter benefits
- PTO cash outs - Option to cash out up to 40 accrued hours per year
Protecting your future for you and your family
- 401K match
- Opportunity to participate in company equity programs
- Credit towards emergency childcare
- Company paid maternity and paternity leave
- Paid Life Insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Basic Life Insurance
- Disability insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
One Medical is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage qualified applicants of every background, ability, and life experience to contact us about appropriate employment opportunities.
Proof of COVID 19 vaccination is required for employees and contractors who interact with patients, access a shared office space or engage with other team members, except where a medical or religious accommodation applies.