One Medical is a primary care platform challenging the industry status quo by making quality care more affordable, accessible and enjoyable. But this isn’t your average doctor’s office. We’re on a mission to radically transform healthcare, which means tackling the frustrations of everyone involved — from patients and providers to employers and health networks.
Across the country, our members enjoy seamless access to comprehensive care at more than 90 locations across thirteen cities (and counting!) as well as 24/7 access to virtual care powered by intelligent uses of technology. In addition to a direct-to-consumer membership model, we work with more than 7,000 companies to provide One Medical health benefits to their employees.
If you like to work with data that is directly affecting business decisions, and you have a passion for doing brand new things with data, then this role is for you. As a key member of our data engineering team, you will work alongside our business analysts, business leaders, and the rest of our engineering team to help transform the way healthcare uses data.
What you'll likely work on:
- Work closely with data scientists and analysts to build complex data pipelines from health and business operations data utilizing Spark, Python, Airflow, Snowflake, and AWS
- Develop frameworks for connecting to data sources and building ETL tasks
- Work on the data pipeline platform to enable Analytics and Data Science team members to quickly and efficiently build reliable pipelines
- Consistently evolve data model & data schema based on business and engineering requirements
- Deliver data that will drive business decisions, improve quality of care, and optimize the doctor's office
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- Minimum 5+ years of expertise in building out data pipelines, ETL design (both implementation and maintenance), and data warehousing
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate with partners in engineering, data science, and product
- Familiarity with the Hadoop/EMR, Hive, Presto, PySpark, Pig, and the AWS ecosystem
- Solid Object Oriented design and implementation skills, ideally in Python
- Deep knowledge of SQL
- An understanding of how business analytics tools such as Tableau and Looker function is highly desirable
- B.S. / M.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related experience
Benefits designed to aid your health and wellness:
Taking care of you today
- Paid sabbatical after 5 and 10 years
- Employee Assistance Program - Free confidential advice for team members who need help with stress, anxiety, financial planning, and legal issues
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Free One Medical memberships for yourself, your friends and family
- Pre-Tax commuter benefits
- PTO cash outs - Option to cash out up to 40 accrued hours per year
Protecting your future for you and your family
- 401K match
- Opportunity to participate in company equity programs
- Credit towards emergency childcare
- Company paid maternity and paternity leave
- Paid Life Insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Basic Life Insurance
- Disability insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
This is a full-time role that can be located anywhere in the US.
One Medical is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage qualified applicants of every background, ability, and life experience to contact us about appropriate employment opportunities.
Proof of COVID 19 vaccination is required for employees and contractors who interact with patients, access a shared office space or engage with other team members, except where a medical or religious accommodation applies.