One Medical is a primary care platform challenging the industry status quo by making quality care more affordable, accessible and enjoyable. But this isn’t your average doctor’s office. We’re on a mission to radically transform healthcare, which means tackling the frustrations of everyone involved — from patients and providers to employers and health networks.
Across the country, our members enjoy seamless access to comprehensive care at more than 90 locations across thirteen cities (and counting!) as well as 24/7 access to virtual care powered by intelligent uses of technology. In addition to a direct-to-consumer membership model, we work with more than 7,000 companies to provide One Medical health benefits to their employees.
At One Medical we build software that connects our members with their health and empowers healthcare providers to deliver the best quality care. Our software engineers design and build systems like 1Life, a proprietary Electronic Health Record, that our clinicians use every day. On the Billing Optimization team, we specialize in creating innovative systems to collect, transform, and integrate clinical data with billing and health system partners. We abstract the complexity of modern medicine’s arcane billing rules so that our providers can focus on what matters most, taking care of their patients.
We are looking for someone who loves to solve problems. You’ll use that skill to design and build systems that address some of the most pressing problems in healthcare, such as improving billing accuracy and transparency, and smarter ways for doctors to record medical procedures. With great communication skills and an eye for users’ needs, you’ll enjoy working with clinicians, finance specialists, and your fellow technical teammates to research, scope, and implement projects. As a thoughtful achiever and collaborator, you will act on opportunities to continuously improve your own skills and the processes of your team. You value scalability, maintainability, and security.
What you'll likely work on:
- Build microservices that translate vaccines, labs, and procedures into the interoperable FHIR data format.
- Leverage machine learning models to improve providers’ charting experience.
- Create APIs to integrate with payment processors and practice management systems.
- Optimize insurance workflows using machine learning.
What you’ll need:
- 5+ years of engineering experience
- Proficiency in a full stack environment (Ruby/Rails, Django/Python or Node)
- Test-driven development (Jest, Rspec, Cypress)
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate with partners across the organization
- Experience with relational databases (MySQL, Postgres, etc)
Not required, but would be great if you also had:
- Experience with ElasticSearch in production at scale.
- Experience with Terraform or similar infrastructure-as-code technology.
- Experience with microservices architecture.
- Experience integrating with high-volume third party APIs at scale
Benefits designed to aid your health and wellness:
Taking care of you today
- Paid sabbatical after 5 and 10 years
- Employee Assistance Program - Free confidential advice for team members who need help with stress, anxiety, financial planning, and legal issues
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Free One Medical memberships for yourself, your friends and family
- Pre-Tax commuter benefits
- PTO cash outs - Option to cash out up to 40 accrued hours per year
Protecting your future for you and your family
- 401K match
- Opportunity to participate in company equity programs
- Credit towards emergency childcare
- Company paid maternity and paternity leave
- Paid Life Insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Basic Life Insurance
- Disability insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
One Medical is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage qualified applicants of every background, ability, and life experience to contact us about appropriate employment opportunities.
Proof of COVID 19 vaccination is required for employees and contractors who interact with patients, access a shared office space or engage with other team members, except where a medical or religious accommodation applies.