One Medical is a primary care platform challenging the industry status quo by making quality care more affordable, accessible and enjoyable. But this isn’t your average doctor’s office. We’re on a mission to radically transform healthcare, which means tackling the frustrations of everyone involved — from patients and providers to employers and health networks.
Across the country, our members enjoy seamless access to comprehensive care at more than 90 locations across thirteen cities (and counting!) as well as 24/7 access to virtual care powered by intelligent uses of technology. In addition to a direct-to-consumer membership model, we work with more than 7,000 companies to provide One Medical health benefits to their employees.
As a Healthcare Administrative Assistant, you will be an ambassador for our patients working directly with them over the phone and via messaging as well as working with internal and external stakeholders on their behalf. With your mastery of the virtual human connection, our Electronic Health Records System (1Life), and our processes, you will remove barriers to care and promote collaboration and resolution of open tasks all with an eye towards exceptional patient and team member experiences. You are the first line of defense for seamless care coordination to ensure our patient's needs are met outside of in-office care. Additionally, you will be the first point of contact for patient feedback, as well as provide any other support as requested by the Shift Lead, Manager, or our provider team.
You are a strong team player and use your innovative problem solving skills to tackle various tasks and challenges. You have a strong grasp of verbal and written communication. You are able to identify opportunities and deliver on customer-centric solutions while using empathy, focus, and compassion in all interactions with patients, teammates, and stakeholders. You bring self-awareness to your daily work to utilize your strengths and develop your areas of opportunity. You thrive in cultures that focus on feedback and growth and are nimble in their approach to respond to the needs of the patients and team. You have an unwavering drive to help and serve others and create amazing moments for our members and teammates. If this sounds like you, we would love to connect.
What you'll likely work on:
- Managing phone inquiries from our patients and those involved in their care outside of One Medical as they navigate a complex healthcare system including but not limited to needs tied to insurance, billing inquiries, and appointment management
- Comfortable navigating or learning all things healthcare, including but not limited to medical records, authorizations, referrals, and coordinating care among our members’ care partners like pharmacies, testing laboratories, specialists, and insurance
- Collaborate with providers and other operations team members to complete urgent tasks
- Use impeccable C-I-CARE (a framework containing the key elements of a great interaction and effective communication that we use with patients and each other) in all patient interactions and ensure a positive virtual (phone, messaging or in-system interaction) experience
- Leverage problem-solving skills and our The One Medical Performance System (TOPS) and standard work to guide work, as well as support continual process improvement efforts
- Master our technology suite including but not limited to RingCentral, Slack, G-suite, Zoom, and our Electronic Medical Record System 1Life, in order to interact with team members and patients and complete daily work
- Contribute to team development through rounding, attending team huddles, participating in team problem solving, supporting in-office providers with ad hoc asks, etc.
What you’ll need:
- At least 1 year of experience in customer or patient facing service roles
- Experience thriving in a customer service based high-volume contact center role (at least a year) and/or in an administrative role within healthcare (at least two years) required for advanced role
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including impeccable phones manner
- Outstanding time management skills and the ability to simultaneously manage multiple tasks while remaining self-directed
- A proven track record of leveraging critical thinking, persisting through change, demonstrating a forward thinking perspective when under pressure, and consistently stepping up to take action on challenges
- Experience working on collaborative, diverse and feedback-driven multi-disciplinary teams (additional experience collaborating with teams that are not onsite with you is a plus)
- Strong multitasking skills with proficiency in computers and phones while navigating multiple software systems simultaneously
- Familiarity with tools such as RingCentral, Slack, G-suite, Zoom are a plus
Benefits designed to aid your health and wellness:
Taking care of you today
- Paid sabbatical after 5 and 10 years
- Employee Assistance Program - Free confidential advice for team members who need help with stress, anxiety, financial planning, and legal issues
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Free One Medical memberships for yourself, your friends and family
- Pre-Tax commuter benefits
- PTO cash outs - Option to cash out up to 40 accrued hours per year
- Competitive salary: starts at $16.75/hour or $18.00/hour depending on experience
Protecting your future for you and your family
- 401K match
- Opportunity to participate in company equity programs
- Credit towards emergency childcare
- Extra contributions toward maternity and paternity leave
- Paid Life Insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Basic Life Insurance
- Disability insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
This is an hourly, full-time role based in our downtown Phoenix, AZ office. Team members are able to work from home after 3 months in their role for up to two days per week, contingent on meeting performance requirements consistently. Additional eligibility for this includes having a private room for patient privacy purposes, and a strong internet connection.
One Medical is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage qualified applicants of every background, ability, and life experience to contact us about appropriate employment opportunities.
Proof of COVID 19 vaccination is required for employees and contractors who interact with patients, access a shared office space or engage with other team members, except where a medical or religious accommodation applies.